mod_bt package

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Feb 14 01:43:32 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:35 PM -0800 Kenneth Porter
<shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> The next failure happens building php_mod_bt. It looks like multiple
> headers are defining regex stuff, from both glibc-headers and httpd-devel.

Misdiagnosis. The problem is a conflict between the regex stuff in Apache
and PHP headers. To reproduce, make a simple source file and attempt to
compile it:

echo > foo.c << EOF
#include "php.h"
#include "httpd.h"
EOF
gcc `php-config --includes` `apr-config --includes` -I /usr/include/httpd
-c foo.c

Now look at the definition of REG_ICASE is /usr/include/httpd/pcreposix.h
and /usr/include/regex.h.

I'm not sure how to address this or who to file this with. For now I'll
post it to the mod_bt maintainer.