NetworkManager

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Thu Feb 17 07:54:52 UTC 2005

Patricio Bruna V wrote:
> i just install NetworkManager and NetworkManager-gnome
> but i can't find the applet that supose to allow me change networks.

Be sure the NetworkManager service is running (service NetworkManager
status) then run NetworkManagerInfo, you should see a little icon
appearing in Gnome's notification area.

I've been playing with the applet for a little while now and it's work
fairly well.. but i have a _BIG_ problem with NetworkManager: My laptop
uses DHCP and NetworkManager will keep wiping my /etc/resolv.conf again
and again.. very very annoying.

If anyone knows how to tell NetworkManager to leave my resolv.conf or at
least to fill it with the servers sent by the DHCP server....

Thanks

--
Arnaud Abélard
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux