RFE: Put fedora on a diet

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 19 09:11:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:25:05PM -0400, mbneto wrote:

> We can reduce the minimum hw necessary (good news for 3rd world/legacy
> hw) and ease admins' lifes (less packages to configure/worry).

This comes up every once in a while and the reply is always the same.
The Red Hat devs guys are all for this bhut it's simply not important
enough for them to do all the work themselves.

If you really want this to happen, you should take a hard look at the
packages in the minimal install, submit RFEs in bugzilla to have them
split then work out a new comps.xml file so that people can burn CDs
which redefine the base setup.

Emmanuel