RFE: Put fedora on a diet

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sun Feb 20 08:35:02 UTC 2005

Dnia 20-02-2005, nie o godzinie 00:37 -0600, Jerone Young napisał(a):
> if you do
> need something smaller there are many other Linux distributions that
> can accomidate your needs.
And don't forget about "live" Fedora requiring _0_ HDD space :)

Of course it will need more memory, so it won't fill the "runs on legacy
hardware" requirement. I guess todays (desktop) applications won't run
well on such hardware anyhow - I wouldn't expect a computer with 200 MiB
HDD to have 686-class CPU and 256 MiB of RAM (which are below minimum
requirements for desktop - try to run Mozilla on 400 MHz Pentium 2 -
pointless).

Lam