FC4 slimfast slimfest

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 23:26:36 UTC 2005

> The java stuff is new, its huge and its the easiest to push out for now

Easiest in what metric? I guess the confusing thing here is if this
really was a slim down of Fedora (IE AbiWord vs OpenOffice, and other
arguments throughout the thread), then there would be plenty of room;
there are lots of cross-over areas where duplication exists throughout
core. It's difficult to rank one language, package, or set of tools over
another, but for me, personally, a free java stack is of great
importance. And that includes Eclipse which is integral to that area.

Regards

Phil