FC4 slimfast slimfest

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Feb 22 10:19:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 23:07 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:

>Yes - that is why Abiword, Gnumeric, Balsa should be in extras - even
>though I personally prefer them to OO.o and Evolution, the vast
>majority of users never install them - but go with OO.o and Evolution,
>so until that changes, it does not need to be downloaded by the users.

As someone who uses Gnumeric I say toss it into extras.  In fact toss
it, abiword, balsa and koffice into extras.

Why? Well, as far as I am aware, these packages aren't installed by
default anyway.  You have to manually add them (either at install, or
after the fact).   If this is the case, then assuming extras is made
easy to access, installing them later should be easy enough.

So dump them in extras and those that want them can get them there.

Rodd