FC4 slimfast slimfest

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 23 19:51:43 UTC 2005

Panu Matilainen wrote :

> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 19:57 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> > Dnia 23-02-2005, śro o godzinie 18:55 +0200, Panu Matilainen
napisał(a):
> > > People have all sorts of weird hardware on their test systems etc. My
> > > testbox which is a PIII/500Mhz and meeting the minimum requirements
> > > otherwise has a truly ancient 4x cd-drive for example :)
> > All right, but doesn't it read 700 MiB CD-R-s? I have one ancient 2x
> > drive (in a computer which doesn't meet any of the requirements) and it
> > does! :)
>
> Hmm, actually I don't know, haven't tried :) I do know the damn box wont
> boot from CD-RW's which is a major PITA for regular rawhide-testing.

Same here, with some cheapo' 24X CD-ROM readers... I've stopped testing
Rawhide installs on those machines ever since the default boot media
doesn't fit on a floppy anymore since they can't be fed CD-RWs and Rawhide
boot images are just too volatile!

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3
Load : 0.19 0.44 0.41