FC4 slimfast slimfest

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Feb 23 20:55:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 19:58 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 20:51 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > > Same here, with some cheapo' 24X CD-ROM readers... I've stopped testing
> > > Rawhide installs on those machines ever since the default boot media
> > > doesn't fit on a floppy anymore since they can't be fed CD-RWs and Rawhide
> > > boot images are just too volatile!
> >
> > I'm confused -- who tests rawhide with images anyway?
>
> Heh, I do, and apparently Matthias as well.
>
> > Surely you just do a network install from an rsync'd install tree, and
> > all you need for that is a TFTP-capable Grub on a boot floppy (or on a
> > bootable CD)?
>
> I've never gotten around to try that :)

And if you already have grub installed on the machine another way to do it
is to add something like this:

title anaconda rawhide install
      root (hd0,0)
      kernel /grub/pxeboot/vmlinuz
      initrd /grub/pxeboot/initrd.img

to the grub.conf and put the pxeboot kernel and initrd somewhere grub can
find it. Obviously season it to taste.

If you want to get fancy you can easially call a ks.cfg file to automate
things more.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com