FC4 slimfast slimfest

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Wed Feb 23 21:30:31 UTC 2005

Dnia 23-02-2005, śro o godzinie 22:08 +0100, Michael Schwendt napisał
(a):
> Users of a popular other operating system do that always for many (!)
> additional applications.
Well, you may be right about applications which aren't present on the
system. But XMMS is expected to be included and it is included, only it
doesn't play most of music people have in their libraries. It can
encourage them to encode oggs using grip if they have the CD-s (it only
takes time), but some of their music will remain in MP3-s. Inclusion of
castrated XMMS version makes impression that Linux has WinAmp-clone,
only it doesn't play music :) Of course this is the first impression,
but first impression is the most important! :)

> Widely spread FAQs and HOWTOs will guide newbies
> appropriately, e.g. like http://fedorafaq.org does nowadays already.
Straight that up for me again: if fedorafaq.org tells about ways to
enable MP3 support and others, can Red Hat make link to it from the
Mozilla home page (file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html in FC3) or
would it be contributory infringement?

Lam