Other ways to cut FC4 down from 15 CDs to 14?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 24 20:18:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:13:35PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Has anyone looked at the possibility of having a shared CD or two
> between the x86_64 and i386 installs?
>
> There's 412300KiB of noarch packages which are present in both x86_64
> and i386, and 436108KiB of i[36]86 packages in the x86_64 tree.

and you can probably double this number if some packages would cast
out their noarch stuff disguised as arch-dependend.

For example almost all of tetex is noarch in essence (the whole texmf
tree), which already adds up to 150-200M.

Splitting out the texmf tree is a bit painful, it requires two
src.rpms.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net