fedora-d-rh] Re: XFCE packages gone?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Feb 25 02:52:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:38:54 +0100, Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl> wrote:
>> Why did the XFCE packages disappear from rawhide?
>
> Read the last 512 messages sent to the list. Sheesh. :)

One has to suppose you mean the thread:
    Subject: Re: Summary of Dropped Packages

and as I took this, it was a removal from Fedora Core packages
to an Extras status -- and NOT a removal from RawHide.

The xfce packages are actively maintained, they are
straightforward to mesh with a switchdesk environment, and
frankly they are the opposite of the bloat which more flashy
WM's induce, in many ways.

So, why DID the xfce suite disappear from RawHide; does a
banishment to Extras entail this step as well?

-- Russ Herrold