FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

Aaron Bennett aaron.bennett at olin.edu
Fri Feb 25 14:31:02 UTC 2005

David Woodhouse wrote:

>People who require the overzealously pruned packages can just skip FC4
>and wait until FC5, at which point upgrades from FC3 should hopefully be
>working again.

Wha?? Upgrades from FC3 -> FC4 are not going to work?  I must have
missed something.  Can someone confirm that this is true, or better yet,
not true?  If there's no upgrade path from FCX -> FCY, then the six
month release cycle + Red Hat's EOL policy will orphan users on
un-upgradeable systems.

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator