FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Feb 25 19:15:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 13:08 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
>Once upon a time, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> said:
>> and I'm explaining that the 'package killing spree' as you so colorfully
>> have put it, is not anything new.
>>
>> it's happened in EVERY RELEASE.
>
>And as I've said, it didn't on such a large scale to things lots of
>people still used regularly.
>
>> It just wasn't discussed.
>>
>> which leads me to believe that, due to the reaction this time around, it
>> won't be discussed in the future. It'll just happen.
>
>So much for Fedora being an "open" project.

So maybe I'm confused here. Maybe I'm lost, but what the hell do you
think I'm doing? do you think red hat is secretly paying me to do this
stuff? B/c if they are then i missed the pay checks.

open doesn't mean everyone's opinion is equal.

it means there is a way to understand what's happening.

But everytime someone brings up something on this list that is going to
change the response is:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT CANNOT CHANGE. CHANGE IS BAD. DON'T CHANGE
THINGS.

and it gets old.

why do you think fedora-maintainers is closed to posts from
non-maintainers?

-sv