Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Feb 26 18:08:09 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 12:24:18PM -0500, Eric Warnke wrote:
> lftp - useful ftp client ( ftp, ncftp ) D:0

I think ncftp should be the one to be removed from Core.  lftp has
more functionality (http), and is installed by default, whereas ncftp
is not installed by default.  Also, while ncftp itself is OSS
(Clarified Artistic License), other components from the same company
are not (NcFTPd server, libNcFTP).

> Possible without objections
> talk - protocol is getting old with IM

vi, ed, and ex are old too.  Should we remove them?

> star - tar with acl support.

Do tar or pax provide equivalent functionality?