Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Sat Feb 26 19:46:51 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 01:08:09PM -0500, Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
>
>>>Possible without objections
>>>talk - protocol is getting old with IM
>>
>>vi, ed, and ex are old too.  Should we remove them?
>

> Probably not. But removing telnetd wouldn't bother me.

I have not seen talk activly used in a decade, as opposed to vi that I
use daily.

Unfortuantly it appears that telnet and telnet-server packages are built
from the same rpm making the split impossible.

Cheers,

--

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric at snowmoon.com                                      518-727-1523

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken