Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Jamie Zawinski jwz at jwz.org
Sat Feb 26 20:22:25 UTC 2005

Eric Warnke wrote:

> Unfortuantly it appears that telnet and telnet-server packages are
> built from the same rpm making the split impossible.

I've seen this objection several times, and it hardly seems
insurmountable to me.  Why can't you modify the build system to
have an explicit list of RPMs to delete just before burning the
"Core" CD?

Since the number of packages that have this kind of problem does
not seem to be large, the list would not be very long.

--
Jamie Zawinski      jwz at jwz.org                  http://www.jwz.org/
                    jwz at dnalounge.com      http://www.dnalounge.com/