Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - question

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:30:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:52:45 -0500, Eric Warnke <eric at snowmoon.com> wrote:
> Since this is the second time this has come up...
>
> Is being part of RHEL reason enough to keep things in core?  If that is
> the case I will exclude from my list all packages that exist in RHEL.
> Personally I don't think that should be the goal here.

There is no clear answer to this yet. The issue is complicated however
by the fact that Extras buildsystem is seperate from the Red Hat
internal buildsystem Core and RHEL both currently use. I'm sure the
buildsystem constraints factor into how Red Hat decides where to keep
RHEL relevant components under their control.

-jef