reducing distribution CD count

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:49:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 17:50 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> - Exim was removed... it's tiny, and was in FC3, so that's
>   probably a bad idea.

I would suggest that removing a package that has significant security
implications (any MTA or significant functionality network program would
fall into this category) is not good.  People depending on FC for
security updates must be made aware that suddenly they must get security
updates from elsewhere or change to an alternative package.

[I've not commented on this up until now because I do have an axe to
grind, but I feel this aspect has been overlooked]

	Nigel.