fedora-devel-list Digest, Vol 12, Issue 86

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Feb 28 14:01:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:36:00PM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Look as Mike Peters has pointed out we're already being beaten up by SUN
> marketing. Putting us into Extras makes it an order of magnitude harder
> for people to find us, so spare me the double-think.

This won't be the case soon. It may take until FC5, though, so have some
patience

> My personal experience of Fedora-Extras has been very negative so far.
> It took months for FC3 extras to appear after FC-core.

Extras is just getting started, so it's not fair to make your judgement
based on experience so far. FC4 extras will be available with the release,
and yum-enabled. FC5 extras will, hopefully, be pickable right in the
installer.

> That said, we want to make our software as widely available as possible.
> If someone from the FC community wants to maintain AbiWord for FC-Extras
> we'd love to hear from them.

I thought you said you were already maintaining FC rpms. What am I missing
here?