Volunteers? was Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Feb 1 02:55:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 09:55 +0800, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > > Need specific package nominations.
> >
> > nmap-frontend is one.
> > gnucash we're waiting on the port to gtk2
>
> Can't it go into extras in the mean time as extras isn't suppose to be
> second class but rather 'extras' that way all the GNOME 1.x stuff
> listed above can go with it. Those that need it can then just do an
> 'up2date -i gnucash' and get all the deps that go with it.

If people are going to continue to say that "one app to perform a
function" in Core is a goal, then gnucash ought to stay.  Gnucash is the
only package in Core that is a full-featured financial app.  There are
two things that can be done to help rectify the gnucash situation:
sample grisbi and other financial apps to see if any of them are capable
of taking gnucash's place or take a look at what needs to be done to
finish porting gnucash to Gtk2 and help out::
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashPortingStatus

-Toshio