radical suggestion for fc4 release

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Feb 1 19:46:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 15:46 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Frankly speaking, the only situation I have found rpm.specs useful
> sofar, was to dig out the responsible maintainer of a package to get in
> direct contact to him.

On the other hand, this is the very reason I have sometimes considered
leaving out my email address entirely from the specfile changelogs.  I
cannot promise personal individual support for users of the packages I
maintain.  Bugzillas and mailing lists are much better for that.

Back to the original topic: I think it is ok to remove the changelogs
from the packages altogether provided that a equally easily accessible
and working replacement to "rpm -q --changelog" is provided.  But I
don't have ideas how to implement that right now, sorry.