radical suggestion for fc4 release

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Feb 1 22:50:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 15:07 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 21:46 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > Back to the original topic: I think it is ok to remove the changelogs
> > from the packages altogether provided that a equally easily accessible
> > and working replacement to "rpm -q --changelog" is provided.  But I
> > don't have ideas how to implement that right now, sorry.
>
> May have a solution to that for you. Panu worked up a script using the
> xml metadata to be able to do simple queries of the metadata like you
> would with rpm -q

Except that where does the changelog info get into the metadata? The
packages, so if the info is removed from the packages... oops. :) Of
course the changelog metada could be generated from cvs or such.

> repoquery --changelog yum
>
> worked for me.

Oh well, since you advertised it publically I guess I could just as well
make the blasted thing available finally :) It haven't touched it in
quite a while but what little is there seems to still work:
http://laiskiainen.org/repoquery/repoquery.py

Note that you need to run "yum makecache" first for it to work (and
without that you'd grow old waiting anyway)

	- Panu -