Change to bzip2?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 14:03:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

With the discussion about trimming specfile changelogs to save space and improve
downloads...why not go one step further? Mandrake has been using bzip2 for a
while and it works just as well and files are significantly smaller. The
conversion could be done in several steps:

1) man pages - less already handles bzipped man pages
2) info pages - I submited patch in bz #128637 to try to get it working
3) tar
4) rpms - I'm sure the patch is in Mandrake's version

Thoughts?

-Steve Grubb