system-config-printer

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Feb 2 15:07:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:49:40AM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > Don't forget an easy way to distribute configurations to client systems.
> That certainly was important before we switched to CUPS, but is it
> now?  Doesn't browsing solve that problem?

Why should people have to browse anywhere? They just want their systems to
come set up so that when they print something, it comes out on the right
printer, with the right duplexing options and so on -- just like it's always
been. And what about those printers/print queues that don't support the
browsing protocol? And how do we keep rogue (perhaps fake) printers off the
network?

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--