rawhide report: 20050205 changes

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Sat Feb 5 13:42:34 UTC 2005

On lör, 2005-02-05 at 13:31 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oh well. Still can't do a proper update...
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedata-book.so.1 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libebook.so.8 is needed by package
> openoffice.org
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcamel.so.0 is needed by package evolution-
> connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgal-2.2.so.1 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgal-a11y-2.2.so.1 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver.so.3 is needed by package
> openoffice.org
> Error: Missing Dependency: libecal.so.6 is needed by package evolution-
> connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver.so.3 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedata-cal.so.5 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Error: Missing Dependency: libnautilus.so.2 is needed by package
> nautilus-media
> Error: Missing Dependency: libebook.so.8 is needed by package evolution-
> connector
>
> It's been like this for a while now. This prevents updating
> gnomemeeting, gtkhtml3, evolution, openoffice and a few other gnome-
> based bits and pieces.

I saw this when moving my box from FC3 to Rawhide this morning. I worked
around it by --disablerepo=base --exclude=openoffice\*

It seems openoffice.org is linked to libedataserver.so.3, which is
provided by the old evolution-data-server-1.0.2-3 but not
e-d-s-1.1.4.2.

You might need to temporarily remove or exclude e-connector as well.

/Peter