beecrypt-java (Was: rawhide report: 20050207 changes)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 16:45:06 UTC 2005

Anthony Green wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 05:58 -0500, Build System wrote:
>

>>beecrypt-4.1.2-1
>>----------------
>>* Sat Feb 05 2005 Jeff Johnson <jbj at jbj.org> 4.1.2-1
>>- upgrade to 4.1.2
>>- put java components in sub-package.
>>- check that /usr/lib64 is not used on alpha (#146583).
>>

>You called this sub-package beecrypt-java.  I suggest renaming this to
>something like beecrypt-java-jni.  It only contains the JNI C side of
>the beecrypt java library.  The library of java code for beecrypt is
>widely known as "beecrypt-java" (google for beecrypt-java-2.0.0.zip).
>beecrypt-java hasn't been packaged yet, but it will surely require this
>beecrypt-java-jni.

Heh, "This space reserved." is perhaps not the right approach.

Hint: A ptr to what is likely to be the best upstream source for
beecrypt-java-2.0.0.zip
in bugzilla will fix "hasn't been packaged yet" faster than anything.

Otherwise you'll have to wait until I talk to Bob Deblier in 2 weeks or
so ...

73 de Jeff