beecrypt-java (Was: rawhide report: 20050207 changes)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 8 00:41:12 UTC 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:34:10PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>

>>Do you imagine the mess if ~ 1000 java-something hit rawhide ? Because
>>we have this number of java packages in jpackage.

I'll hazard a guess based on objective criteria:

>Regardless of naming issues, are indeed 1000 packages waiting to be
>imported into rawhide? I.e. will all of jpackage be imported?

Dunno all 1000 packages, but Sun's current use of rpm-3.0.4, bizarre
shell script
extraction to add click through sufficient to satisfy legal beagles, and
other licensing
oddities makes at least some of the jpackage packages extremely
problematic to incorporate
into any OSS distro, not just FC.

>Not that I would have anything to object, but that would be a new
>scaling of package imports, almost doubling the packages in rawhide
>right now.

In case you haven't noticed, FC is showing a net loss of packages recently,
and is unlikely to suddenly decide to include all of jpackage.org.

Not that it matters, JPackage is doing a wonderful job with a messy
problem space.

73 de Jeff