Source versus Patch (in pcmcia-cs)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 22:13:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:07 -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> Does anyone know why the startup script in pcmcia-cs is carried in the SRPM
> as a Source, instead of Patch?
>
> Source3: rc.pcmcia
>
> Do we have any guidelines about what should go into Source, and what should
> go into into Patch?

Well, rc.pcmcia isn't a patch, its the actual script.  So in that sense,
it shouldn't be in a Patch: line in the specfile because it never gets
applied anywhere, it just gets copied to where it needs to go during %
install.  And it would be pretty silly to generate a patch with
"diff /dev/null rc.pcmcia" so that it _would_ be a Patch:.

Dan