FC4 slimfast slimfest

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 20:35:34 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Here's a heads up that we need to get rid of about 300M of packages to
make sure that FC4 continues to fit on 4 CD's. Right now eclipse, xfce,
xemacs, cfengine, and all the games are leading candidates. We also may
try to start removing stuff from Core in hopes that it will appear in
Extras if someone cares about it.

Nothing is set in stone, but if you want to write in favor of keeping
something, you'll have to suggest something else of equal or greater size
to axe instead.

You can view the list of new packages since FC3 (sorted by package size)
at http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/new-packages.txt

FYI,
-- Elliot