FC4 slimfast slimfest

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Mon Feb 21 21:37:38 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 21:35, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a heads up that we need to get rid of about 300M of packages to
> make sure that FC4 continues to fit on 4 CD's. Right now eclipse, xfce,
> xemacs, cfengine, and all the games are leading candidates. We also may
please not the gnome/kde games, but some of the bigger ones (bzflag,
tuxracer,freeciv,...)

not xfce (the only thing usable on old hardware)

> try to start removing stuff from Core in hopes that it will appear in
> Extras if someone cares about it.
>
> Nothing is set in stone, but if you want to write in favor of keeping
> something, you'll have to suggest something else of equal or greater size
> to axe instead.
xscreensaver-gl-extras (could go in extras)
desktop-backgrounds-extra (could go in extras)
ggv,gpdf (I think evince can hanlde most stuff, and we still have gs and xpdf)
rpmdb-fedora (is this used anywhere else than rpm --redhatprovides/requires?)
kdeartwork-icons (could go in extras)
comps (what needs/uses this?)
HelixPlayer and/or xmms
samba-swat (it's as useful as the man page but not much more)
nedit (old motif stuff)
ncftp (lftp does the same)

--
http://LinuxWiki.org/RonnyBuchmann