FC4 slimfast slimfest

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 00:06:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:03:30AM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:

 > > > Increase the CD size to 700 or 720 Mo ?
 > >
 > > This was tried around Red Hat Linux 8.0.
 >
 > More than 2 years ago. FC3 require at least a pentium class cpu, 64 Mo
 > of ram, ...
 > Hardware changes.

That doesn't necessarily mean it gets any better.
We already get far too many bugs about media-check failures.
Doing this is a recipe for disaster.

 > >  There were too many failures,
 > > really.
 > Mandrake use 700 Mo iso.

Mandrake also included half-baked patches that ate CD drives
firmware at one point.  Just because one distro does something
doesn't mean its a good idea for everyone to do it.

		Dave