FC4 slimfast slimfest

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 01:02:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:55:43AM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:
 > Le lundi 21 février 2005 à 19:06 -0500, Dave Jones a écrit :
 > > On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:03:30AM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:
 > >  > Mandrake use 700 Mo iso.
 > >
 > > Mandrake also included half-baked patches that ate CD drives
 > > firmware at one point.
 >
 > And FC2 eat the mbr. That's not the point.

No, it isn't. You chose to delete my second sentence which
contained my point, so I'll reiterate it.
Just because one distro jumps off a cliff does not mean all others have to follow.

When trying to come up with something that works on as many
different combinations of crappy hardware and/or media as
possible, being conservative is the only option.

		Dave