FC4 slimfast slimfest

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 01:53:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:40:50 +0100, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> > no but the lang packs for the spellchecker are separate srpms. So
> > splitting off the non-major languages would be a savings.
>
> People will read this as "the typical US" arrogance, ignorance and
> nationalism.

Well, tell them that the Russian agrees with the American. They can
blame the Russians for a change. It seems increasingly popular these
days anyway. :)

Most countries have their own local distros that commonly re-roll
Fedora to reflect their regional needs, so I don't think making
spellcheck dictionaries for minor languages a download-only thing for
vanilla Fedora is a bad idea (let's say minor == fewer than a hundred
million speakers).

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev