Exim as default MTA.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Feb 22 23:44:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 22:06 +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> >Exim isn't particularly famous (in a good way) as far as MTAs go in
> >terms of security.
>
> Exim has fairly good record. There's not really a lot of difference
> between it and postfix from this POV. In fact even sendmail hasn't been
> so bad recently as it used to be, but postfix and exim are probably
> still ahead. It was Postfix which had the most recent erratum for the
> open relay thing, wasn't it?

No, not really. It was a third party patch added by some distros to their
version of postfix. It was not included in the upstream code.

> It's ease of use and documentation which tips the balance, I think.

Have you looked at the postfix docs lately? I cannot comment on Exim at
all, since I have never used it but the docs here:
http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html seem pretty good to me.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com