FC4 slimfast slimfest

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 23 01:03:11 UTC 2005

On 15:35 21 Feb 2005, Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
| Here's a heads up that we need to get rid of about 300M of packages to
| make sure that FC4 continues to fit on 4 CD's.

Something of an arbitrary limit, yes? The "we don't need lots of apps to do
the same thing" I can see, but this one?

| Right now eclipse, xfce,
| xemacs, cfengine, and all the games are leading candidates. We also may
| try to start removing stuff from Core in hopes that it will appear in
| Extras if someone cares about it.

Um, can't you "push it into extras and hope someone maintains it" instead
of this "drop it on the floor and hope someone picks it up and puts it
on another shelf" thing?
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Prepare thy ablutions, worship the bean, and shun the abomination that is
decaf, and one day you too shall walk among the Blessd, whose blood flows
thick and brown with God's Chemical and whose hearts have been replaced with
the more efficient mechanism of a Mr. Coffee.   - Keith Morris