Exim as default MTA.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Feb 23 14:24:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 13:31 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> > [...] I'd opt to go to postfix - but I am biased, because I
> > switched from Exim3 to Exim4, as I disliked some of the new
> > configuration stuff (especially its readability, as stated above).
>
> Okay, what was I thinking when I wrote that? This should of course read
> "... switched from Exim3 to Postfix ...".

Yeah, Exim3 was somewhat arcane, but has now been obsolete for a number
of years. Exim4 is a lot more logical in its configuration and has
relatively few parentheses unless you're trying to do something evil
with it. :)

If course, if you _like_ it weird, you can do that too....
http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses or
http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/acl-helo-csv being examples of
what you can do if you just want to be silly about it and do stuff
purely in Exim configuration rather than falling back to hacking it up
in C like normal people might.

--
dwmw2