FC4 slimfast slimfest

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Wed Feb 23 21:48:15 UTC 2005

Dnia 23-02-2005, śro o godzinie 22:18 +0100, Michael Schwendt napisał
(a):
> Not only do you reduce
> the target group to "mp3 focused users who are not willing to read and
> learn how to add more software",
I didn't want to say that. But such people exist, don't deny it :) Also,
there are people, who are willing to read and learn, but don't know,
where to start and I think we could help them more with that (like my
homepage proposal - release notes describing differences between FC(X-1)
and FC(X) aren't interesting at all for a new user).

> you also judge about the entire
> distribution based on one or two missing features
Not me - I'm the user who even hacked in-kernel device drivers to get
his system running properly and I'm not afraid to use Google if I need
an app, besides I know about many packages which aren't included in
Fedora (I'll try to push some of them into Extras when I'm ready :)).
I'm only saying there are people judging this way and the less reasons
they will have to grumble, the better.

> The graphical package utilities will become
> more capable and more user-friendly, too.
I'm counting on it and I want to say while there always is room for
improvement, they do good job already. up2date refreshes its windows
strangely when downloading, shows 0 KiB file size, doesn't show errata
info (without RHN that is), but it's all my friends need to stay
updated :) I'm all excited about the things going in Fedora Core, and if
I say something can be done better, it's only because I think this will
make Fedora better. Really! :)

Lam