Summary of Dropped Packages

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 24 20:13:13 UTC 2005

Ok, how about, sendmail is harder to configure to be secure,
historically has had more security bugs, and is over kill for most
installations.

Postfix offers many of the same features, is historically more secure,
etc.

I didn't go into this, but this is why I like it. It is also a fresher
code base, which I tend to like because it often means more
maintainability (but not always).

Sane does not mean I like it (there are a lot of sane things that I
don't care for...), I am sorry I gave that impression.

Trever

P.S. All of these things may actually mean exim should be the default...
but as I said, I don't know much about it.

--
The Feynman problem solving Algorithm 1) Write down the problem 2) Think
real hard 3) Write down the answer -- Murray Gell-mann in the NY Times