FC4 slimfast slimfest

Thu Feb 24 21:39:39 UTC 2005

Le jeudi 24 février 2005 à 15:24 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III a écrit :

>DW> Either you want it capable of queueing, or you don't -- you can't
>DW> have both ;)
>
>Well, uh, yeah.  The point is that even Exim's restricted mode isn't a
>good fit because it won't queue.  But then I stated earlier that Exim
>(along with Postfix) posses far more functionality than is necessary
>(or safe) for the average machine.

You do know that postfix design is a common example in advanced security
CS courses right ?

Moreover postfix default conf mostly works as-is so there is little risk
of someone compromising the setup by adding scores of directives he does
not understand because the damn thing doesn't work and he only got an
outdated howto to work from.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot