writing zero bytes in bash

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Feb 26 15:34:33 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 01:56, Marius Andreiana <malists at epon.ro> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 18:32 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > To unset the fscreate or exec context you have to write zero bytes
> > to /proc/self/attr/fscreate or /proc/self/attr/exec respectively.
> >
> > If you want to do this in a shell script you would do something like:
> > echo -n "" > /proc/self/attr/fscreate
>
> what about
>
> > /proc/self/attr/fscreate
>
> ?

What is it about this thread that is generating the one-word emails?

Your message doesn't contain anything I can interpret, I'm not sure if you are
trying to make a point or ask a question.

If it's a SE Linux question you want to ask, you've removed from the CC list
the one address that's best for such questions.