Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - question

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Sat Feb 26 20:40:30 UTC 2005

Is it that difficult for RH to maintain contol, but be copied to extras
for building in Fedora Extras?  If this is not already a thread internal
to RH it should be.  What is the real and expected deliniation between
FC, FE, RHEL, and RH as a company and the maintainers and community at
large?  I understand there are real business issues that forced the
creation of FE, but now the continued push for more community involvment
necessatated by package maintanince and thereby extending FE into FC's
old territory... what's the deal?

I don't expect anyone can answer the question right now, but I think we
at least deserve an answer at some point in the near future.

Cheers,
Eric

--

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric at snowmoon.com                                      518-727-1523

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken