Why is sendmail bad?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 15:11:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:04 -0500, Richard June wrote:
> I take issue to that. sendmail has always been *TONS* easier for me to
> configure then postfix/exim. the sendmail.mc file is simple to understand and
> edit.

You lot really are wimps.  You should configure sendmail the proper way
- edit the raw config (ideally with TECO since the command sets are so
similar).

[And yes, I have done this, although with sendmail 5.x - in the days
when you had to reverse domain names within the UK.  Now I generally use
exim, although have run postfix in living memory]

	Nigel.