Package pruning for FC4 and beyond

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sun Feb 27 17:17:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 10:38:35AM +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> I say let's move vi to Extras - an editor which can't be left with ^C
> deserves this! :)

I don't think we should remove vi--it is the basic, traditional *nix
editor.  Note that I'm not a vi zealot--I actually use all three of
vi, emacs, and nano for various different tasks...

> Is pico part of Rawhide now? I thought its licence is the same as pine's
> and can't be included, besides, you're using FC3 rpmdb and pico can't be
> found there.

No, nano replaced pico.  cone (in Extras) is intended to replace pine.
I don't think nano should be removed from Core.  In fact, when cone is
ready, I think it should be brought into Core.