fedora-devel-list Digest, Vol 12, Issue 86

Martin Sevior msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 28 01:46:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Peter Robinson wrote:

> So with these removed from Core I assume they are going to be in Extras.
> Correct? In Extras will they continue to be maintained as before or will
> they need someone to step up and maintain them? The reason I ask is it
> would be a pity to see abiword and gnumeric disappear as I find them
> considerably faster than OOo and in the case of Abiword it supports a
> number of word files that don't work to well with OOo.I also use grip.
> While I'm happy for them to be in extras rather than core I would still
> like them to be around.

> The plan is to add these packages to Extras as demand requires. Volunteers
> are always wanted to help maintain packages. Are you interested? Please
> see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fCvsAccess

How sad. We constantly push the envolope, fix bugs, provide upgrades and
provide rpm's for stable and development version of our program for
FC3, FC2, FC1 and redhat 9 on our website.

Maybe we should just stick with source and Debian.

I've been seriously thinking of moving to Ubuntu anyway.

Well I guess that's just about it for FC as a community distro.

Martin Sevior

Core AbiWord Developer.

Hint type "word Processor" into google and see what you get. It isn't either
MS Word or OOo