FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

Richard Li richardl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 19:18:13 UTC 2005

>The argument comes down to how much noise you're willing to endure in
>order to leave the door open for valuable posts from people who are too
>new to have made acknowledged contributions.   A moderated list might be a
>better compromise.

Why don't we see how this new system all works out? The original
approach with fedora-devel-list has been around for awhile, and there
have been problems with S/N.

So let's give this new system some time and see what the risk/reward is
to this approach. After all, even though Fedora as an OS might have a
long lineage, Fedora as a community is still really new. This makes
everything both easy and hard because there's a lot of users to begin
with, and everyone wants almost-the-same-thing-but-not-quite. So,
figuring out how to build a community on the fly that works for everyone
is a hard problem. Having some data or experience with which to support
a particular point of view will help.

If there are significant downsides to the new structure, or things
become unworkable, I'm sure that the Fedora folks will be open to
revisiting the issue.

Richard

PS I am not on fedora-maintainers.