FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Mon Feb 28 21:51:53 UTC 2005

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Yeah, I know.  But firstboot doesn't run for kickstart installs, for
> one, and kickstart can't use Extras CDs, so you're stuck with doing
> the post-install stage by hand.  Yuck.

1) You can configure firstboot to run after kickstarting "firstboot
--enable" in your kickstart file.

2) Do what I do.  Kickstart %post section that installs a rpm with
updates fot yum repos as well as new ones.  I import all the necessary
keys and do a "yum -y update" and then "yum -y install packagename".
This way when the computer reboots you have an up-to-date system.  I use
this process to add my own custom repo and I have a rpm for "desktop"
systems whose dependancies are the software I want installed.

Cheers,

--

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric at snowmoon.com                                      518-727-1523

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken