why doesn't yum cache anything?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Jan 2 19:52:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 11:31 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   We should double-check where time is actually spent. Using (k)cachegrind
> is very useful to make such an analysis.

I'd recommend starting with sysprof instead - kcachegrind only counts
number of instructions, not how long they take, which can often be very
misleading about the big picture. If sysprof says that most of the time
is in a CPU-bound function, that's when I like to break out kcachegrind
to optimize that function.

I mention this because kcachegrind sent me down a few wild goose chases
until I got out sysprof also ...

Havoc