some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Roberto Peon grmoc at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 18:04:14 UTC 2005

I honestly don't remember what the alsa config does anymore, since it has been
humming along nicely for a while now.

The capture card came out with a new tuner, and the module authors took a bit
to get autodetecting support for it into the module.

The firmware comes from a different party (i.e. the hardware manufacturer who
doesn't provide a linux driver-- suprise suprise), and so I have an init-script
extract it from the latest available driver (i.e. out of an self-extracting
(win32) archive).

Since I tend towards the bleeding edge of hardware and software, working around
bugs is just something I often do.

-Roberto JP