Multiple MySQL servers

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Mon Jan 10 17:30:37 UTC 2005

mån 2005-01-10 klockan 16:55 +0000 skrev Cristiano Bianchi:
> Thanks Jon for your quick response.
>
> > No, the package does not provide the possibility to install multiple
> > versions in parallel.  In that case, you might want to install the
> > second version manually in a separate tree.
>
> Would you be so kind to tell me/point me in the direction of how to do
> that, if you have some time?

Build mysql 4.1 from source, using --prefix=/usr/local/mysql4.1 for
example. Run a make DESTDIR=/tmp/mysql install test first, to make sure
no files are installed outside the prefix. If there are files that don't
obey the prefix, manually put them in place and add a "4.1" suffix to
distinguish them from rpm installed files.

Examine the output of ./configure --help for any parameters that are
useful.

/Peter