Fedora Core 4

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Jan 15 14:23:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:49:25 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> FORTIFY_SOURCE is compatible; what it does do is make the binary depend
> on glibc 2.3.4 or higher, but well you run that risk anyway; apps
> generally depend on the glibc (or higher) they were compiled against

Presumably it's possible to disable the FORTIFY_SOURCE extensions at
compile time with a new gcc flag, right? ie, if you don't want a
dependency on such a new glibc release you should be able to avoid it.

If this isn't currently the case I'm willing to do a patch for this, as
being able to build on new, run on old is important to the autopackage
project (yes, it is possible ...)